The Honda Ridgeline is a pickup truck that defies conventional design expectations. It’s known for combining the comfort and features of an SUV with the utility of a truck. A key element that sets it apart is its innovative truck bed.
In this article, we will explore the Honda Ridgeline’s bed size, describe its measurements, examine accessories that enhance its utility, offer tips for maximizing its functionality, and answer frequently asked questions. This information will help you understand why the Ridgeline’s bed size is as unconventional as it is surprisingly spacious.
The Honda Ridgeline’s bed is a defining feature of this unconventional pickup. Unlike most traditional trucks, the Ridgeline’s bed is integrated into the vehicle’s unibody frame, which gives it a more SUV-like appearance. It’s a crossover between a rugged workhorse and a family-friendly vehicle, making it perfect for those who want the best of both worlds.
Understanding the Honda Ridgeline’s bed size starts with knowing how to measure it accurately:
- Length: Measure from the front of the bed, where it meets the rear of the cab, to the end of the tailgate. The Ridgeline’s bed length is approximately 5.3 feet or 63 inches.
- Width: Measure between the inner sidewalls of the bed. The bed width is around 50 inches, providing ample space for various cargo items.
- Height: Measure from the bed floor to the top of the bed’s sidewalls. The height varies but is typically around 17 inches.
The Honda Ridgeline’s bed size is unconventional in the pickup truck world but surprisingly spacious. With a length of 5.3 feet, a width of 50 inches, and a height of 17 inches, the bed offers sufficient cargo space for a wide range of tasks, despite its unique design. Whether you’re transporting recreational gear, gardening supplies, or DIY project materials, the Ridgeline’s bed can handle it.
Honda Ridgeline Bed Size Accessories
Enhance the Ridgeline’s bed functionality with a range of accessories:
- Bed Extender: A bed extender can be added to temporarily increase the cargo area’s length for larger items.
- Bed Liner: Protect the bed from scratches and dings with a bed liner, ensuring its durability and longevity.
- Tonneau Cover: A tonneau cover offers weather protection and security for your cargo, making it suitable for outdoor adventures.
- Cargo Management Systems: Utilize cargo management systems with dividers and tie-downs to keep your items organized and secure.
Honda Ridgeline Bed Size Utilization Tips
To make the most of the Ridgeline’s bed size, consider the following tips:
- Use the Tailgate: The Ridgeline’s tailgate can be positioned in two ways, fully open or down like a traditional tailgate, which offers versatility for various cargo loads.
- Secure Cargo: Utilize the built-in tie-downs and cargo management systems to secure your cargo items effectively.
- Protect the Bed: Invest in a bed liner and tonneau cover to protect the bed from damage and weather-related issues.
- Utilize Accessories: The Ridgeline’s bed extender and cargo management systems can help you maximize the bed’s functionality.
Honda Ridgeline Bed Size FAQs
1. Can the Honda Ridgeline tow while carrying cargo in the bed?
Yes, the Ridgeline can tow while carrying cargo in the bed, provided you stay within the vehicle’s payload and towing capacity limits.
2. What is the maximum payload capacity for the Honda Ridgeline?
The maximum payload capacity varies depending on the specific trim level and options, but it generally ranges from approximately 1,500 to 1,600 pounds.
3. Can the Ridgeline accommodate a full-size ATV or motorcycle in the bed?
The Ridgeline’s bed size may not be sufficient for a full-size ATV or motorcycle. It’s advisable to measure your specific items and consider a trailer if needed.
4. Is there an option for a larger bed in the Honda Ridgeline?
As of my last update in September 2021, the Ridgeline only came with one bed size. Check with your local Honda dealership for any updates or future model changes.
Trending Bed Sizes Reference
The Honda Ridgeline’s bed size may challenge traditional expectations, but its unconventional design offers surprising cargo space and versatility. With a bed length of 5.3 feet, a width of 50 inches, and a height of 17 inches, it caters to a wide array of hauling needs.
By exploring the available accessories, following utilization tips, and considering the frequently asked questions, you can make the most of the Ridgeline’s unique bed and experience the perfect blend of utility and comfort in this innovative pickup truck.