Looking for the perfect place to let your furry friend run and play? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the top 2 dog parks in Lancaster PA. From spacious off-leash areas to agility courses, these parks have everything your pup needs to have a great time.
So grab your dog’s leash and come explore the best dog parks Lancaster PA, USA has to offer!
The Best Dog Parks Near Lancaster PA
Buchanan Dog Park
- Address: 901 Buchanan Ave, Lancaster, PA 17603, United States
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.7 (911)
- Phone: +1 717-291-4841
- Website: Link
- Opening hours:Monday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMTuesday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMWednesday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMThursday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMFriday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMSaturday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PMSunday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM
TOP 2 Best Dog Parks in Lancaster PA
Overlook Dog Park *Membership required
- Address: 2215 Fruitville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601, United States
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.3 (106)
- Phone: +1 717-290-7180
- Opening hours:Monday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMTuesday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMWednesday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMThursday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMFriday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMSaturday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PMSunday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Reviews:I play disc golf at the disc golf course that starts off by the dog park. Whenever I am there, it looks like the dogs and the owners are having a good time. They even have two different fenced in areas, I think for smaller versus bigger dogs. However, I do hear that it’s pretty expensive to be a member to get in.By Dan Fethkenher (2 months ago)Best dog park in the area! Very clean and well kept. Everyone is very friendly. But let’s talk about the number of one-star reviews. Almost all of them complain that this park requires a membership. Yes, it does. For township people, it’s about $4 a month, for a beautiful, 5-acre park, that requires you to provide vaccination records for your dog(s). No need to worry that some rando dog is going to infect your dog. The grounds are well maintained. Dogs and owners are all very nice and respectful. And if you aren’t a township resident, it’s about $5 a month. To give this park a one-star review because you have to spend what it costs on a Starbuck’s coffee once a month is insane.By Jim Rickards (a month ago)From the looks of it, a membership was required. Unfortunately I had to walk my dogs around the dog park because I don’t have a membership. The dog park is pretty big and from what I saw has two sections where the dogs can play.By Danitxa Orta (4 years ago)There was a Fee to get in! It broke my dog’s heart! We have been on the road from North Dakota! I had to throw the ball for him outside the fence. They need a single use kiosk to swipe a card for us people from out of town! Seriously, it broke Vinny’s heart!By Robert Bucklin (2 years ago)Large, well kept Dog Park with 3 fenced in areas. One area for dogs 30 lbs and under, one for dogs over 30 lbs and one common area for all size dogs. Fresh running water with dog bowls available in all areas. All areas have grass throughout. Park benches in all areas. Areas are all in the sun with a shady area in the small dog section. Poo bag stations with refuse bins are in all areas. Every dog owner is responsible for cleaning up after their own dog. No children 5 and under allowed. No food allowed. Gates are always locked. Must apply to Manheim Township for key fob for entry. Annual fees apply. Dogs must be up to date with vaccines.By Kathleen Lawler (2 years ago)
Thank you for reading! If you have any additional information on the best Dog Parks in Lancaster PA, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
5 Replies to Let Your Pooch Play: Top 2 Dog Parks Near Lancaster PA to Visit
We just stopped by to see about our new little one being able to play. Rules state she’s too young and not fixed so we have future plans. This was clearly a self regulated park with tons of activity. Was fun to watch the difference between those who have well behaved dogs and can appreciate rules and those who have NO regard for common decency. Did look like many dogs were having a blast and owners looked like regular. Had a couple chats with fellow puppy owners and got some good leads for being new dog parents.
Will be back to enjoy at least the atmosphere but NOT sure I’d be comfortable off leash anytime soon.
Very fun!!! My girls had so much fun!
The only thing is people being there kids and they think the splash pads for them, and people don’t pay attention to there kids, kid kept putting my dog in the pool and splashing her face I had to remove my dog she doesn’t like that!
Although it was a drive, and a few years too late for our old man, he’s gonna be 15, it was great for our Chloe. Buster enjoyed the shade while Chloe made friends. The park was mostly clean. There are doggie bags to clean up with and scooters but apparently someone forgot they were there. Not the parks fault. I wish lived closer. I’d take them there all the time. Chloe didn’t want to leave, lol.
Great dog park, spacious play area, great seating to relax and converse with others as well. The clean up stations were filled and very helpful and water stations were fantastic. It would be nice if everyone would clean up after their dog but that’s not the case and it’s a real shame because having this park in our community is a great blessing. Other than that, an absolutely great dog park.
Great dog park with plenty of company for our little pup. They have it split wisely into two sections: one for bigger dogs and the other for smaller breeds. If you’re looking for a new dog park, look no further.