Looking for the perfect place to let your furry friend run and play? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the top 2 dog parks in Poughkeepsie NY. From spacious off-leash areas to agility courses, these parks have everything your pup needs to have a great time.
So grab your dog’s leash and come explore the best dog parks Poughkeepsie NY, USA has to offer!
The Best Dog Parks Near Poughkeepsie NY
- Address: 113 Wilbur Blvd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603, United States
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.4 (265)
- Phone: +1 845-451-4100
- Website: Link
- Opening hours:Monday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMTuesday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMWednesday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMThursday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMFriday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMSaturday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PMSunday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
TOP 2 Best Dog Parks in Poughkeepsie NY
J Tracy Hermann Memorial Dog Park
- Address: 147 Wilbur Blvd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603, United States
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4 (63)
- Phone: +1 845-204-6767
- Website: Link
- Opening hours:Monday: Open 24 hoursTuesday: Open 24 hoursWednesday: Open 24 hoursThursday: Open 24 hoursFriday: Open 24 hoursSaturday: Open 24 hoursSunday: Open 24 hours
- Reviews:So grateful this park exists. There are plenty of toys for visiting dogs and also a water station. The dog park is located behind the baseball field next to the tennis court. Parking is also available.By Barbara Gonzalez (a year ago)Amazing dog park! Only had positive experiences here. Everyone is respectful and reasonable as far as I’ve seen with their dogs. Also this park has a large dog and small dog side which is a plus!By Katie Apgar (5 months ago)Good park when the weather is dry, but an absolute mud pit any time that there’s been precipitation or when there’s snow on the ground. In the winter, your best bet is to come very early, before the sun hits the ground and the ice starts to melt. As of March 2022, the city has closed it for months with no updates, and my dogs miss it!By Lucas Ogden-Davis (a year ago)My dog loves this park and so do I. The city could really bother to maintain it.By Marie Rayho (3 years ago)The park is nice, plenty of room to run around and have fun. There are water bowls and a faucet to fill them.By Thomas Talaska (7 months ago)
Thank you for reading! If you have any additional information on the best Dog Parks in Poughkeepsie NY, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
5 Replies to Barking Fun: Top 2 Dog Parks to Visit Near Poughkeepsie NY
Spratt Park is a decent sized and fun place to take the kids and family! With two baseball fields that are often used for local games, a tennis court (that could use some new nets tbh) a pool and decent playground, it’s a nice spot to hang out. The playground has two areas, one for smaller kids and one for older which is nice for parent nervous about the big kids around their little ones during rough play. My kids love it and ALWAYS ask to stop on the way home.
So happy to see the basketball hoops upgraded at Spratt’s pool. It’s been a long time coming.
This is a great public sports and recreation complex with potential.
The complex even has a dog park.
It’s too bad that the new, common look for dugouts is totally exposed because shade is crucial during baseball and softball and dugouts should be just that… Dug-out. NOT JUST a small roof over the bench.
My dog loves to go there. My disapproval is how the city let’s it go. I have complained about the condition but nothing seems to get done. I’m waiting for a safe walkway from the parking lot to the gated area. The ballparks are kept in tip top shape but not the dog areas. It’s a nice group of people that really cares for their pets. They want to let them have fun and the adults are risking getting a broken ankle.
Did not enjoy , playing golf here, very slow, golfers ahead of us would not let us play through. When we called the clubhouse the Ranger appeared, but did not resolve the problem. Will not play golf there again.
I dog walk here and love it!